Testing PCL 2.0 Kinfu_app

I borrowed another graphics card from a friend and this time it was the right one: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti with 1GB of RAM so I was able to test drive the new open implementation of the Kinect Fusion. First result is really promising. A couple of times I've got out of memory errors when starting the application but it was unclear to me whether it was main system RAM or the graphics' card internal memory.

Pressing 3 you get the current point cloud written to disk. I am really shocked by the accuracy of the real-time results. I am getting around 20 fps. Definitely worth trying, but remember you'll need a powerful power supply too. I borrowed a 1.000 watts PC supply, sweet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation